Sun, surf, sea and sand, Durban is home to some of the world's best beaches and is the ideal family getaway destination.
FAQ | What to do and where to go in Durban
What are the must see attractions in Durban?
- Florida Road - the Street where everything happens. Home to a myriad of restaurants, bars cafes and boutiques.
- City Hall - There is an art gallery and outdated science museum inside, as well as a public library.
- Berea - This is a long ridge overlooking the harbor, city center and beaches. Once covered with coastal forest, it is now completely built up.
- Umhlanga Rocks - A wonderful holiday resort that's now also home to many businesses
- Victoria Street Market - A great place to find some oriental souvenirs.
- Essenwood Craft Market - This has somehow lost it oomph - too much imported junk.
- Durban Botanical Gardens - a popular place for Cultural weddings all having their photos taken
- The Golden Mile - The Golden Mile is well known for its excellent surfing, occasional shark attack and wide sandy beaches
- Swim, surf or canoe - great all year round
- Snorkel and deep diving in the secluded beaches, amongst the clear waters and corals.
- uShaka Marine World - see the Aquarium or ride more than eight different rides in the Waterworld
- Durban A1 Grand Prix - The only road race on the world circuit.
- Greyville Race Course - Watch the horse racing
- Gateway Shopping Center - Surf the artificial waves
- International 18 hole Zimbali Golf Estate - tee off on this world class golf course
Where can I go shopping in Durban?
- Gateway Mall, the largest in the southern hemisphere
- The Heritage Market
- The Workshop Shopping Centre
- Ridgeview Wines
- Waterfall Shopping Centre