Sun, surf, sea and sand, Durban is home to some of the world's best beaches and is the ideal family getaway destination.
Family fun on the beach at Oyster Box hotel.
What are the must see attractions in Durban?
- Florida Road - the Street where everything happens. Home to a myriad of restaurants, bars cafes and boutiques.
- City Hall - There is an art gallery and outdated science museum inside, as well as a public library.
- Berea - This is a long ridge overlooking the harbor, city center and beaches. Once covered with coastal forest, it is now completely built up.
- Umhlanga Rocks - A wonderful holiday resort that's now also home to many businesses
- Victoria Street Market - A great place to find some oriental souvenirs.
- Essenwood Craft Market - This has somehow lost it oomph - too much imported junk.
- Durban Botanical Gardens - a popular place for Cultural weddings all having their photos taken
- The Golden Mile - The Golden Mile is well known for its excellent surfing, occasional shark attack and wide sandy beaches
- Swim, surf or canoe - great all year round
- Snorkel and deep diving in the secluded beaches, amongst the clear waters and corals.
- uShaka Marine World - see the Aquarium or ride more than eight different rides in the Waterworld
- Durban A1 Grand Prix - The only road race on the world circuit.
- Greyville Race Course - Watch the horse racing
- Gateway Shopping Center - Surf the artificial waves
- International 18 hole Zimbali Golf Estate - tee off on this world class golf course
Where can I go shopping in Durban?
- Gateway Mall, the largest in the southern hemisphere
- The Heritage Market
- The Workshop Shopping Centre
- Ridgeview Wines
- Waterfall Shopping Centre