Activities at Shakaland Hotel
The Nandi Programme
A three-hour midday experience running from 11h00 to 14h00 or from 12h00 to 15h00.
The Shaka Programme
For overnight guests, commencing with Part I of the culture tour at l6h00 or 16h30, depending on the season and Zulu dancing for an hour after dinner. Part II of the culture tour runs from 09h00 to 10h00 the next morning.
The culture tour includes
- Beerdrinking ceremony
- Social systems
- Fighting formations
- Basket weaving
- The greeting of the home
- The Sangoma
- The Nyanga
- Fighting formation
- Traditional attire
- Short version of Shaka Zulu film
- Beadwork, pottery, beer making, spear throwing etc.
Non-standard features / facilities
- Culture Tours
- Spectacular Zulu Dance Shows
- The set of the movie 'Shaka Zulu'
- Tranquil cruise on the lake
- No distractions - no T.V.'s, radios or telephones in the rooms
- Goedetrouw Dam
- Dlinza Forest
- Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Reserve
- St.Lucia - beach, Crocodile restaurant and wetlands cruise
- Mandawe Cross
- Ulundi - House of Parliament
- Ulundi - Zulu Museum
- Fort Nongwayi - Museum of Zulu Culture and Anglo/Zulu wars
The Shakaland Hotel offers the guest many cultural, educational and sports activities to choose from.
Sporting / Team building facilities
- Umlabalaba - a Zulu chess game, with people as pawns
- Trust your Instincts - a blindfold game born of hunters having to make judgements in pitch darkness
- Running Rabbit - spear a rolling pumpkin
- Night Ambush - survive a rescue through the bush with a platoon of Zulu warriors out to capture you
- What's For the Pot - Catapult shooting at clay pigeons
Venture into the heartland of Zululand and experience more than just a conference, sure to leave your feet stamping and your heart beating long after you've gone home.
A modern conference room is available from 50 up to 120 delegates, for banquets, cocktails or just a different kind of educational conference.
Fully Inclusive Conference Rates Includes
- Accommodation in traditional beehive huts
- Full Shakaland Carvery Buffet Dinner
- Lunch (choice of Finger Lunch on the verandah, Braai around the pool area, buffet in the Shisa Nyama
- Restaurant with spectacular views of the surrounding hills
- Tea/Coffee served mid-morning and afternoon
- Conference Room Hire
- Standard Conference Equipment
|Rates / Prices||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|