The Empangeni Hotel can be found in Empangeni, in the province of KwaZulu Natal.
- 170km north of Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Only 25km from the beach at Richards Bay
- 196km from Vryheid
The Empangeni Hotel is situated 170km (105.6 miles) north of Durban on the N2 freeway, 196km (121.7 miles) southwest from Vryheid on the R34 and 25km (15.5 miles) from the sea at Richards Bay.
- From the airport, follow the Fish Eagle Flight Road
- Turn right into Nkoninga Road
- You will get a turnoff on your left-hand side - take this road left into East Central Arterial Road
- Proceed on this road pass the traffic light and 4-way stop. At the next traffic light turn left into North Central Arterial Road
- Pass the Formula 1 hotel
- You will pass 2 traffic lights on this road - at the next traffic light, turn right into John Ross Parkway. You are now on the road between Empangeni & Richards Bay
- The distance you will travel is 26km. On this road, you will pass 5 traffic lights
- You will enter Empangeni over a small bridge. This is the main road
- Proceed on this road, passing through 4 traffic lights & at the 5th traffic light, turn left into Turnbull Street, where you will see the Protea Hotel Empangeni